Are you passionate about video games and you want to make your own? If you've been a "gamer" or a "gamer girl" you probably have many original ideas to get into the gaming industry. video game and your playing experience is very valuable in terms of what users are looking for. It is a good basis for getting started in the video game programming.
In this article we will discuss the programming languages that are commonly used in the world of video games and some applications that allow you to make games at amateur level.
First and foremost, make a game is no banality. There are no magic formulas with which to "making a video game in ten days". A video game is a project that requires a lot of time, effort, tenacity and a great, great desire to do it and not give up in the face of difficulties. If you have all these elements together, you are qualified to get started in the world of video games. video game programming. This world is very exploited and "everything has already been invented", so try to have an original idea and not repeat the schemes of successful games, as many do in order not to take risks.
The programming languages commonly used are:
- PHP: It is ideal for making web page games and handling variables. With it you can create dynamic web applications.
- FlashIt's more of an application that combines the animation and graphics part with the software part. It is good for video game programming because it links the code with the graphics part.
- C++It is a much more complex language with a lot of functions. It allows you to make "real" games. You can download many libraries, such as 3D libraries to make games in three dimensions.
We recommend a very good book to get started in programming: this is Web development with PHP, Apache and MySQLby ANAYA publishing house.
If you don't want to complicate things and prefer to making a video game to play it yourself and with your friends, you can use an editor-creator. There are many, here are three of them:
- Game Maker. With this program you can make good quality classic games in the style of Pac-man, Tetris or Mario Bros. It offers a wide variety of sounds and backgrounds.
- RPG Maker. It is a video game creator classic for making role-playing games. It has a map editor, event editor and combat editor. It includes diverse material such as graphics for maps, characters, music or sound effects, although you can add your own customised material. The latest version is Action Game Maker, for Windows XP and Vista, which adds the possibility to make platform and shooting games.
- Alter Engine. It is very similar to RPG Maker, with an engine designed to make 2D RPGs. For many people this editor is much better.
In this blog we have already talked about the YoYo Games Community.