From what I have seen on the web, there are many types of procedures for removing scratches from a screen or cd.
The truth is that I don't really know if they all work or not, since I have only tried some of them and also because there are some others that seem crazy to me.
In the following I will explain the methods and the process involved in each one.
1º With banana.
According to my compilation, this procedure works for both CDs and screens, it is a very feasible home remedy with very good results (according to what I have read), the truth is that I have not tried this procedure, so I can't tell you for sure if it is the best method. In any case, I will explain how to do it:
- We take the screen or the CD and a piece of banana, we rub it well for a while (be careful, you have to be patient) so that the banana is well spread over the entire surface of the screen.
- Then we must repeat the same process but instead of the banana, we must use the banana peel.
- Then remove the banana with a dry cloth.
- Then wipe with a cloth dampened with glass cleaner for best results.
2º With toothpaste.
This is, in my opinion, a more reliable procedure, as I have done it myself and it worked on both the CD and the screen. By this I mean that, in my opinion, it is the most effective home remedy for remove scratches from a CD or screen.
The procedure is very simple, here I explain it to you:
- Take the appliance to be repaired and spread some toothpaste on it, spreading it well with the help of a cloth.
- Then, with a soft cloth, you polish it. The most important thing in this step is that you do it gently and above all that you have patience, as this process can take a little while.
- The procedure for spreading the toothpaste is from the inside out and in straight strokes for best results.
3º With displex.
It is a polishing paste which allows us to remove scratches in a quick and easy way.
Here I must inform you that this process is usually used to remove scratches from a screen, although according to my information it can also be used for CDs, but I cannot guarantee that it will work properly.
The procedure to follow is:
- Pour a little displex into the appliance to be repaired.
- Polish with a cotton cloth, applying a little pressure, for a few minutes.
- Then wipe the screen or the CD with a soft cloth and you're done.
4º With car scratch removal paste.
This liquid is intended to remove small scratches from a car, but it can still be useful when it comes to remove a small scratch from our cd.
The procedure to follow is very simple:
- Take some absorbent paper (like the one usually used in the kitchen) and put some pasta in it.
- Then rub the cloth (with the paste) with the CD for about 2 or 3 minutes. Here I would advise you to do it in circles to be more effective.
- Then clean the CD with a dry cloth and water and let it dry for testing.
I hope that it has helped you and that you will finally be able to remove scratches of your favourite cd's and computer screens. Good luck.