Many times we have read or seen in a film that the main characters hide something very important in a book with a secret compartment. Well, today I bring you a way to make a book with these characteristics.
A word of warning: use a book that you know you will never read or need again. And own it. And no touching those old library books. Use big books, but use the most up-to-date ones.
- A book of proportions that seem appropriate to you and chosen according to the rules explained above.
- Glue (can be regular glue).
- A cutter.
- A paintbrush.
- A plastic sheet or foil.
- Take the book and check it to make sure there is nothing left on the pages to be glued. Remove any covers it may have.
- Leave a few pages free at the front and place the plastic sheet or foil to separate the sheets to be glued. The quantity will depend on the size you want to give to the compartment.
- Make a mixture of glue and water in a container. The ratio should be 50-50 or 60-40.
- With the brush, brush the mixture onto the outside of the sheets that will form the compartment. Then leave to dry for half an hour, leaving a weight on the book.
- Now they should make the compartment. You can use a ruler or a rectangular object to mark the dimensions you want. Then use the cutter to remove that segment from the first to the last page of the glued pages.
- Finally, with the same mixture you prepared, glue the inside of the book pages. Then glue the whole block to the back cover. Leave to dry.
That's it. You now have a book with secret compartment. I leave you a video as an example so you can get a better idea. I hope you liked it.